From:
Lori Buendia <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 20:48:51 -0700
How about beginning with the 10 steps and looking to verify good latches and swallowing takes place? Maybe discharge weights and why they can be important. Lastly, resources for after discharge and when to refer clients to them.
  Just some thoughts,
  Lori Buendia, RNC, IBCLC
  Merced, California

Lisa Thomas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Could anyone make a recommendation for a teaching module or prepared material to use for a requested nurses inservice? This is a group of approx. 20 Mother/Baby nurses in a hospital setting. Time frame is 3.5 hours. They have requested basic "getting off to a good start" instruction so they can better assist moms. Any suggestions? I don't have a lot of time to prepare as this is needed in the month of May. Thanks for the help! You may email me privately or to the list.