From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 01:34:10 +0200
According to what we learned by freezing fresh breast milk and thawing it
slowly to room temperature, then freezing it again and thawing it the same
way, which was one of the arms (well, fingers) of the teensy weensy itty
bitty test done by the professional BF council here, most of this milk
should be acceptable for this mother's baby.

If she were running a breastaurant, serving paying customers, her local
health department might have more stringent rules.  But we tolerate more
laxness in our home kitchens than we would want in a place where many people
are handling food and using dishes and utensils.  The baby is unlikely to be
harmed by whatever bacteria were in the milk expressed by mother for baby.

Or, I could send her a bang-up recipe for waffle batter and she could invite
the neighborhood in for coffee and a snack...

Rachel Myr  midwife, IBCLC and night owl
Kristiansand, Norway