From:
"Vicki.Ryan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 11:51:52 -0800
(on Sunday Jan 29, H. Davis RN posted "Hurry! Fox News Doing Story on "12
Hours Sleep in 12 Week Olds"

Hurry! I am on Eastern time and Fox News Weekend show is about to do a story
on a 'sleep trainer' who claims she can get a 12 week old to sleep 12 hours.
They read e-mails ON AIR. Please e-mail them asap....")

*************************************
I read Lactnet too late that morning but was wondering if any Lactnetters
were able to email the show and if their emails were read on air? or if
anyone knows of a link to the transcript or video of the show?
    Last November Lactnetter Cindi Zimbo RN IBCLC (see, I've been searching
the archives) forewarned us that this woman's book was coming out beginning
of 2006, so I too checked out the babycoach.net website. "Suzy was featured
on Good Morning America on Saturday 11/26. Please click here to read the
full story" (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=1347557) I watched
the video of that GMA host who hired the sleep coach (for $60/hr) and was
again amazed at what is "normal"- baby was tightly swaddled in a bassinette
next to mom's bed or in a crib in her own room by herself. whenever baby
woke up, mom reported "it's a whole hour of feeding, diapering, burping, you
know the drill." video footage showed her changing the diaper in a brightly
lit room, walking down the lighted hall to sit in a rocking chair next to a
lighted lamp in a seperate room to breastfeed, etc, going through the whole
routine that of course would take an hour and of course would keep mom &
baby awake, all those bright lights! she reported that the way the sleep
coach would "teach baby to stretch 2-3hour chunks of sleep into a full 12
hours" was: "those middle of the night feedings would slowly disappear."
    have any of you encountered new parents trying out this *method* (they
said she has alot of clients in the DC area)?
    I would just like to invite that GMA host to my house in Feb or March,
to set up a video camera at the foot of our king sized bed- in which I will
be sleeping with a new baby (who does not yet have a crib and whose "room"
is currently our treadmill/scrapbooking/"junk room" and it will be until we
move in June/July), and maybe hubby &/or one or both big brothers too
(safely co-sleeping on dad's side of the bed of course). they can record how
much sleep I get, when I just roll over and offer a breast at his first
feeding cue.... how I change a diaper in the dark...how I won't be able to
tell you in the morning how many times he woke up or nursed because I
probably wasn't awake for several of them....doing everything that if was
*normal,* would put a "sleep trainer" out of business!
Vicki Hayes RN IBCLC, thankfully still pregnant (34 1/2 weeks), looking
forward to actually getting some sleep at night by just nursing instead of
using the toilet every 20-30minutes!