Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 04:27:09 EDT
Linda,

Allergy to latex?

How is the funnel sterilised?  If it is with bleach solution, then this can
also cause probs.

Pamela mentioned Thrush, this, too, is also what I thought.  Mother been on
antibiotics lately?  Now that she has wound sites at base of nipples she needs
to be guided with cleanliness of hands and fingernails before she handles her
breasts and only to use towels/flannels to dry herself with that have been
washed in v hot wash, and ones that are *not* being used by anyone else!  Best
to change towels/flannels everyday.  Because towels are so big and bulky, she
can use fresh dry flannels for her breasts, these can then go into v hot wash
or boiled in a pan on top of the stove for no less than 10 minutes every day.

It has just occurred to me that those of you in USA might not use the word
flannel?  Face cloth, yes?

kind regards to you all
Helen M. Woodman, NCT Breastfeeding Counsellor, UK