Date:
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:06:22 EDT
Dear Lactnet,
    After seeing the website (www.handsfreewithtlc.com) for "Hands Free with
TLC" Breastpump bra, a hands free pump holder on Lactnet last week, I was
curious as to it's efficacy.  I have so many moms wistfully say they would
have pumped longer if they were not restricted by holding the flanges (and
moms w/ carpel tunnel) and I wanted to see how it worked.
    I ordered one and tried it today for a client.  She is a busy single
mother that pumps at work.  She also pumps early in the morning before she
leaves.  She has 2 Lactinas for home and work and has overcome many
difficulties to nurse and provide milk for her 4 month old daughter.  She was
ready to throw in the towel when we strapped this easy to use "bra" on.
    I was so delighted as was she, with the Breastpump Bra!!  She is a 40 E
cup and it still was easy to adjust and use.  She is thrilled and paid me for
2 more month rent since she now has decided to keep pumping.  I was very
skeptical of this bra.  I know many have made homemade versions of this
concept but this is worth the time and effort it would take to measure, shop
and construct or buy a jogging bra ($34.99 US) plus it fits all sizes.
    I have no connection, financial or otherwise, to this product.  For once
I am glad to see an effective product that negated my "retail skepticism."
I think they have a booth at ILCA.

Jan Ellen Brown IBCLC, who just left a very happy mom
Charlotte NC USA