From:
"kirk b. spear" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 16:50:51 -0800
I just have to put in my .02 in regards to LDS moms and breastfeeding.  I am
Mormon although semi-active.  Most LDS moms breastfeed and are stay at home
moms. The church beleives that the husband are providers for the family!`  I
had my last baby at home and both my midwives were Mormon!  Please don't
judge a culture that you know little about.  I'm a LLL League Leader and
have many freinds in League that are LDS.  The 10 principles are in direct
line with LDS teachings!  Also to say that Mormon husbands are abusive is
ludricous!!!  Talk about generlizations!

I'm catching up on Lactnet posts and just had to let off some steam!

On bras for big women.  In our area I recomend a store that specializes in
prosthesis for radical mastectomy (spelling?).  They have a nursing bra made
by Goddess, it's nylon but holds up much better than cotton.  I NEVER
recomend Leading Lady for large bra sizes, they fall apart!

We also have a local store owned by 2 L.C.'s.  Have you heard of it?
Maternal Expressions located in Folsom, Ca.  They will special order from
any company for moms.  They carry lots of brands and are very reasonably
priced.  These LC's are wonderful and it's great to see their business doing
so well.

LLLove to all, Jill.