From:
Margery Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 08:53:47 -0400
>WHEN YOU WERE A BABY, YOU DRANK SIX BOTTLES
>OF MILK A DAY.  A BABY WHALE
>DRINKS TWO HUNDRED BOTTLES A DAY.

This gives "save the whales" a new meaning! Where are the
whale moms getting the pressure to bottle feed? Do you
suppose some of those whale songs are abm
advertisements? :-)

BTW: I recently took my daughter and a friend to the Boston
Children's museum. There was an exhibit showing women in
various professional roles. When I spotted a window titled
"Midwife" I made a bee-line to look at it. The display is filled
with tiny plastic babies with tiny plastic bottles! And, I
suppose in an attempt to lend a medical feel to the display,
the bottom of the display was littered with a plastic toys from
children's "medical kits" = one stethoscope and LOTS of
syringes. Not exactly my view of midwifery... (yes, I wrote a
letter).

Margery Wilson, IBCLC