From:
Naomi Bar-Yam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 18:07:57 -0400
> >Nothing I have read indicates that menstruation would start sooner with
> >second or third singleton pregnancies.  Could it be possible since I am only
>> producing 1/3 of what I produced for triplets that my body does not know I
>> am exclusively nursing, therefore an early return of menstruation?
>

>Well....I can only blow your theory with a personal anecdote.  My cycle
>returned on exactly the same month when exclusively nursing my twins as when
>I was nursing my singletons.

When we talk about cycles returning we use statistical measures.
Over a large group of people, exclusing nursing delays return of menses.
Statistics are useful when studying populations and meaningless
for an individual. There is always someone (usually many someones)
at either end of the average that is always quoted in the statistics.

Also, I haven't read specific research on this topic, but I don't
know that nursing multiples or singleton is the primary issue in how
long one goes before cycles return.
  Naomi Bar-Yam