From:
Jeanne Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 10:25:25 -0400
"The newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in
the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in
the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three."
          ---Dr. Grantly Dick-Reed

Cindy,
My mother read Dr. Grantly Dick-Reed's book "Childbirth Without Fear" when
she was pregnant in 1952, 1954 and 1957.  She gave me the  book when I was
pregnant in 1978.  I have that book at home, but I have always believed that
that is the source of the quote.

It could also be a quote from a speech delivered at a La Leche League
International Conference.  I'd like to know the answer to this one, too.
 I'll look it up when I get home.
Jeanne Fisher
Austin, TX