From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2007 18:30:50 -0600
Yesterday I gave a heads-up to a report on MSNBC's "Today show" on Friday
Feb 2.  Here's the link to the video:

What is breastfeeding etiquette?

http://video.msn.com/v/us/dw.htm?m=us
<http://video.msn.com/v/us/dw.htm?m=us&p=truveo&g=aed61496-c9ff-4e41-8443-52
5ce4fae087> &p=truveo&g=aed61496-c9ff-4e41-8443-525ce4fae087

Overall, they talked about discretion far too much.

While the facts of why moms stop bfing are right, I get really uncomfortable
with the editor of BabyTalk mag being the spokesperson for bfing, given
their bad track record of having lots of formula ads. I really can't see how
she can properly represent the bfing point-of-view when the formula co's are
paying her paycheck (indirectly - but an editor would be quite aware of who
their main advertisers are, and has probably taken them to lunch & wooed
them, etc).

I always get the gut feeling she is actually telling American moms how
difficult it is (or will be) and to forgive yourself for being unsuccessful.
(providing ready made excuses).

BTW, MSNBC did a news article this week, also:

Food or lewd? Breast-feeding reveals divide

Why we get so worked up about how women feed their babies

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16773617/

Janice Reynolds