From:
Barbara Barrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:06:45 EST
I have an insurance question regarding reimbursment for lactation consults. I
have done alot of searching and talked with some other LC's concerning this
issue. Does anyone have experience dealing with a billing system that is set
up as a "package deal" for OB patients. In other words, there is one cost for
vag deliveries and one cost for C/Sections, no other add-on is allowed. I have
tried to convince the hospital to add Lactation on, but so far, without luck.
Also, which codes have been the most successful for reimbursement? I am
setting up a brand new Lactation Center at a hospital and would like to
include billing issues in the proposal.
I have been between jobs for a couple weeks and have actually been able to
keep up with all the lacnet postings for once! It's been great, but I'm ready
to get back to work!

Barb Barrow RN IBCLC

<<