From:
Carole Jernigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 06:15:31 -0800
As a mom of 2 kids, only 19 months apart, I can play
sage for a moment.  I encourage all moms with older
kids to modify their living spaces to ensure that the
older kids are both *occupied* and *SAFE* when Mama
sits down to breastfeed the new baby.  We gated off
our kitchen and hallway so the eldest would be within
view when I needed to feed the younger baby.  Had
plenty of toys out in the living room for her to play
with, made sure outlets were covered, no standing
lamps or other furniture she could pull down...made
all the difference!

Peace of mind can create peace on earth...
Carole