From:
Tricia Shamblin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 2015 13:19:05 +0000

 Thanks for letting me know. Can you please post the new recommendations? Because everything I've read so far is that in developed nations breastfeeding with HIV is not recommended by WHO. It's not recommended individually or through national authorities. It's been an interesting discussion, but the person who posted about the improvement in babies with HIV was again writing about developing countries. We are talking about a developed nation in which formula is affordable, feasible, safe, available and sustainable. Our hospital is in the Baby Friendly process and this is currently being taught as part of the staff training for BFHI, I would be interested in reading any other recommendations. Thank you,
Tricia Shamblin, RN, IBCLC