From:
Karen Foard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:03:22 -0400
Interesting over the phone breast today-- this woman has given me permission
to post the description, and is already under a doctors' care-- this doc
said to ask any consultant you know to see if anyone has seen this:

Spontaneous, no specific relation to a feed, area of breast, usually outer
upper, hardness firmness very tender, with the addition of a peanut-y sized
lumps kindof ropey feelings of under the skin swellings.    Her description
is that the area looks like and feels like cellulite when you squeeze it.

For about 1/2 hour after this occurs, she will get shooting pains throughout
the whole breast.

This happens 1-2 times a week, again no relation to fullness or
feeds/emptying.  Spontaneously occurs, then gradually goes away.

Has been on a two week course of Diflucon, doc rx'ed for the shooting pain
symptoms. No change.

A couple times has gotten these lumps circling the areola, looking like a
bunch of mosquito bites but white, and below the surface.  Nothing
pimpley-poppable looking.

She says her skin does not seem to be orange-peely looking-- it looks normal
between episodes.

She had a mammogram yesterday-- this was a cold call to me from about 50
miles away so I have not seen this.  She is going to take a digital picture
of it the next time it happens in case the mystery remains unsolved.

Any ideas?

Karen Foard, IBCLC
State College, PA