From:
Jeanne Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 08:13:56 -0500
I think I have some explaining to do, in case y'all start getting some
wierd requests for the SNS ...

I belong to an email group for hand-spinners.  One guy was bemoaning
some difficulties he has had with spinning flax.  For flax to be
properly spun, you must dip your fingers in water (or wet them with your
tongue) to smooth the thread as you spin.

This fellow was trying to describe a contraption he had in mind whereby
a reservoir of water could be fitted with a tubing device that would be
attached to his finger allowing drops of water to flow gently as he
spins his flax.

Well, really now, what would you all think??  I sent the list a picture
of an SNS and described how it could be taped to a finger, doing exactly
what he described.  So far the response has been enthusiastic (and
hysterical).  I have been advised to let you all know what is going on,
just in case ...

Jeanne Mitchell, RN IBCLC
Austin, TX