From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 00:42:31 EDT
In a message dated 8/31/0 12:26:44 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<  Does anyone have experience with cayenne pepper relieving migraines?  I
have heard positive things but have no experience.  It would be a natural
remedy. >>

I have no experience with this particular treatment, but would like to add my
voice to those urging the mother to consider other treatments besides drugs.
As someone who personally suffered from migraines sometimes as often as 5
days out of 7 in my mid-20's, I can certainly attest to how debilitating they
are. This was before I knew anything at all about natural medicine and was on
beta-blockers to minimize them. This meant I had maybe one or two per week,
sometimes less.
    When I received a constitutional homeopathic remedy to treat
endometriosis (successfully) a side effect was that I almost completely
stopped having migraines. I had already stopped the drugs, b/c I didn't like
taking them and they didn't really help enough. That was almost 14 years ago
and I rarley have migraines anymore. When I feel one coming on, I can usually
arrest it by taking the herb feverfew. If that does not work, I either get a
chiropractic adjustment or take a homeopathic remedy. It is *very* rare that
one gets past all of those defenses and really knocks me out.
    While I completely agree that it is better to bf while taking meds than
to artificially feed, these other treatments are far safer still.
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA