From:
Norma Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 10:55:07 EDT
 "the nurses had stored expressed breastmilk
in bottles or bags in a shoebox-size Rubbermaid container in the freezer
compartment of the unit's refrigerator. The hospital's Infection Control
Nurse had said that breastmilk had to be kept in a separate refrigerator. A
small refrigerator was purchased. After I did this research, I called the
Infection Control Nurse to ask for references. She told me that an OSHA
inspector thought it was disgusting to have a human secretion in a food
refrigerator"

What about storing cow secretions in a food refrigerator?

Norma Ritter,IBCLC, LLLL       "If not now, when, If not us, who?"
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Date: 10/23/95
Time: 10:55:07