From:
Patricia Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 1996 01:47:32 +0000
Dear John, I'm fortunate in that I'm a CPNP (certified pediatric nurse
practitioner) and here in NJ we can write Rxs.  Earlier - a month or so ago
- I mentioned that diflucan for baby and nystatin ointment for mom seemed to
do  a good job. But these are moms I'm seeing sooner, rather than after
yeast has become a deep seated problem.  When moms have ductal yeast it
would probably be  a good idea to give both diflucan.  By the way - what
sent me to school for PNP was the chief of OB calling me up late on Sat pm
(after I had spent a lot of time explaining to mom what she needed for her
thrush and baby's thrush).  He asked me (the LC) what is it that I have to
write for this mom?  AARRGGHH - I could have done it myself and not wasted
everyone's time!  So now I can.  Best of several worlds.
Pat Young in SNJ, USA