Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 20:18:48 -0600
Hi to all,

I've been online for sometime now and have finally latched on!!! :)

I'm an LLL Leader in a small, isolated town in Northern Minnesota, an "end-of-the-road"
community.  I've lead for seven years now, alone for all but the past 18 months.
Recently considering sitting for the IBCLC boards.

 During a recent exercise for a new business I've started, which was visualize a 'secret
desire' I decided I want to retire my debts and go overseas and do mission work.  Now,
my kids are pretty young still--oldest is just nine, youngest three and a half.  And the
debt has a few yrs on it.  What I didn't figure out was WHAT I'd do as a missionary.
(Hadn't thought that far, especially since realistically this is a few years off).

Well, last Sunday at church we see this video about Mozambique with starving
children...*tiny* children who SHOULD HAVE BEEN BREASTFEEDING!  Finally when the video
showed where the mission was helping, and it showed a mother breastfeeding
clearly....and tears came.... and knew now what I can do.

Thanks for "listening".  I hope this isn't inappropriate for this forum.  If it is, I
apologize!  I'll be lurking -- but feel free to encourage/discourage (ie give me a
reality check).
Sincerely,

Karen Indehar
LLL Leader