From:
Daniel Ward <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 07:23:54 -0400
Hi All,
    I received a call from a LLL Leader last night, your response won't
help for her mom, as she will experience the situation today, but I
would like to archieve information for future situations.
    Mom is in the military and going into the gas chamber today. She
will be exposed (briefly) to Chemical Smoke (CS) [tear gas] and was
asking about breastfeeding her four month old, would she need to pump
and dump? Nothing in the references that I have, had any references (it
took me forever to even find that CS stood for Chemical Smoke). I will
contact a military office I know and see if anyone there can find out
what the actual composition is.
    On issues presented here, I stated that since it will be a topical
and inhaled agent, it was up to her as to whether she pumps and dump. On
the advice of my husband, who is in the military I did tell the Leader
to advise mom to remove all her clothing and wash her entire body
thoroughly with soap and water and put on new clothes, before any
contact with the infant - as CS is an irratant.
    Any help you can give me will be appreciated. TIA.

Leslie Ward, LLL, APL
Vine Grove, Ky