Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 11:38:34 EDT

<< but seriously, there is no reason why someone can't used
 banked milk. >>

When I was bf my first and had lots of excess supply (I was working and my
smart child took much less from the bottle than I pumped at the office!), I
wanted to donate to a milk bank and was told by several local LCs that there
was no longer a milk bank in the NYC metropolitan area -- that AIDS and
Hepatitis had effectively killed milk banks in the USA.  This was in 1994.

>From several recent posts I see that this is plainly false, at least in the
USA generally.

Can anyone give me, or refer me to, recent history on this conflict?

And, equally pertinent, does anyone know of a functioning milk bank in the NYC
metro area?

Thanks.

Elisheva Urbas
NYC