From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 21:45:42 EDT
Dear Friends:
     I teach childbirth education classes at a major medical center about 12
minutes from my home. Tonight, in the closet where the teaching materials are
kept, I saw a sheet with labels on it.
     The labels feature the Beatrix Potter/Mead Johnson bunnies. They say
things such as "I'm a Big Sister" and "I love my new brother"  and are meant
to be given to children attending a Big Brother/Big Sister class.
     I have sent a bunch of them to Marsha Walker. The Mead-Johnson name is
on the sheet, but not the labels. The  labels have the familiar bunnies on
them.
       Talk about subtle advertising and encouraging brand loyalty at an
early age.......BARF!!
     Warmly,
Nikki Lee RN, MSN, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CIMI, CCE
craniosacral therapy practitioner
Elkins Park (a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; northeastern USA)
supporting the WHO Code and the Mother Friendly Childbirth Initiative