From:
Peg Merrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:47:46 -0500
 I posted last week during the prescribing discussion that I had heard from
some other LC's that others had lost their IBCLC titles for prescribing
fenugreek.  Phyllis suggested that I check it out to see if it was rumor. I
posted to the list of people at the conferecne where I heard it and got a
response from someone who said whe had heard it from Linda Smith on an email
list for private practice LC's.  So I wrote to Linda. Linda didn't seem to
know what I was talking about. She did say that she didnt reccoment
Fenugreek because of the "prescribing" issue and because she hadn't had much
success with it.
Next I wrote to IBLCE and JoAnne's response was:
Dear Peg
> That's nonsense.  Thanks for checking.
>
> Warmly,
> JoAnne Scott, MA, IBCLC
> Executive Director, IBLCE

So there you have it. No one has lost certification for "prescribing"
Fenugreek. Guess I was misinformed and someone probably misinterpreted
something that Linda Smith said.  Guess it just goes to show that you can't
always believe everything people say they have heard.
Peg Merrill, IBCLC  (who regularly reccomends herbals)