From:
Renee Tavares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 1997 19:20:49 -0700
Today I met with the neonatologists and they agree with me (or US) that
the mother's milk is best for the baby to protect it from the MRSA.  (It
is not a breast infection mom has she is just a chronic carrier of meth.
resistant staph). Infection Control is also involved and I they also are
working hard to get this mom to actually be with her baby, she has so far
only seen it by video as the hospital is very scared that infant would
take the MRSA into the NICU to already compromised babies.  Dr. Cohen is
trying to get the infant his own room until he is ready to go home.  I
told them that she really needed to see the baby,  and hopefully attach
the infant ASAP. She was also single pumping and will now try dble
pumping.  For now at least baby will be gettng his own mother's milk.
Yay, and thanks again for your moral support, it really meant a lot to
me. The next question will be getting everyone's experience with helping
this quadriplegic mom to begin  breastfeeding.  Renee Tavares, R.D.,
C.L.E.