From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:14:12 EDT
In a message dated 7/17/0 11:39:52 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< In addition to Teriann's suggestion on natural prostoglandins - nipple stim

doesn't have to be from a toddler nursing either :-) >>

Nor does it have to be from a partner. I worked w/ a mom (labor support, 2nd
baby) who had every intervention short of a ceserean w/ her first baby from
the time her water broke (more likely to happen early the more internals the
mother has in pregnancy--interventions don't just start in labor!). Anyway,
she was *not* in labor at all, but went to the hospital (against my advice).
She wanted a natural birth, but was under the gun b/c her water had broken.
So she did nipple stim--20 minutes on, 40 minutes off (walked during most of
the 40 minutes) for several hours. We added a homeopathic remedy and that was
all she needed. She avoided the induction, the iv, antibiotics, epidural and
vacuum she had w/ her first baby. Baby was alert and nursed beautifully right
away and is still going at 2 1/2 years, unlike her first who was sleepy or
cranky for quite some time!
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA