From:
Emily Lindsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:04:50 -0400
I know that in California at least many times it is reimbursement related as our
state Medi-cal will only reimburse lactation services that were provided by and
RN, RD (or above) under a physician as an OP and in house I understand that
this is the case as well (except you do not work under 1 physician per se)...I
think it is sad, especially in CA where I know great LC's (with any initials) that
are not either of those and they cannot see these patients which means they
all go to WIC or a private practice that provides someone that meets the
standards....hmm and WIC is overworked why?? Kind of ironic since most of my
mothers insurance plans will not even pay for a pump unless the baby is still in
the hospital and even then it can be a fight...Medi-cal will pay but only to the
right persons.
Emily Lindsey, BSPsy, CLE
Private Practice
Merced, CA