From:
Laura Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 22:54:38 -0600
I agree, Karleen.
My Grandfather was an exterminator. My mother and all her siblings
worked the business at some point in their young adult lives. My uncle
purchased the business when my grandfather retired, and I and all my
siblings and cousins have worked the business at some point. All this to
say, backyard users are the most consistent abusers. Many chemicals
banned in commercial use are still being marketed to homeowners, who
tend to "over-use". (Chlordane is a good example.) Not only does this
mean that these chemicals eventually seep into the water supply, but
like overuse of any substance, it also leads to resistance... which
leads to stronger more powerful (and more concentrated, usually)
chemicals which are then overused by homeowners.  I have personally been
pulled-over twice and had my commercial chemical concentrations tested
by the "chemical police"... Has anyone ever come by your house to see
what you are putting on your yard/garden, and in which concentrations?

What do I use at my home for pest control?  Electro -static field!
What is that doing to my children? Does anyone know?