From:
Fiona Dionne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:24:03 -0500
my mom's friend's daughter is nursing a 1-month old son who has gained
3 lbs from birth (:-)) & has nipple pain, no cracks, white nipples
after nursing.  dr thinks it's reynauds & it sounds like a reasonable
guess to me.  this is a first child at about 31 yrs.

my questions are:

1) are there other problems that produce white nipples after nursing
(not a white crust or anything, just white colour)?  or is this the
most likely culprit?

2) i think heat applied before nursing can be of help, right? (please
correct me if i'm wrong, but i was under this impression)  are there
other techniques that help?

lastly & my most curious question...

3) does reynaud's usually resolve at all after a while or is it likely
to stay?  does it happen more in certain people (ie older moms or
something)?

thanks in advance.

fio nak
ressource person with allaitement québec
mama to sandrine, almost 3, & nyssa, 4 mos tomorrow, tandem nursing.