From:
June & John <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2005 22:17:05 +1200
Hi Everyone

I have excepted a position  as a hospital based lactation consultant, and would like to ask if other hospital based lactation consultants  would share some  information with me please

Do you see every woman on your postnatal suite? even if there are no identified b/f problems
Do  you have a referral process within your unit?/  book/ letter/
Do you see the women without the staff member or do you encourage the staff to be at the consultation?.
Do you hold regular teaching sessions and who decides what is needed youself or the staff?
Do you  work 8 - 4-30, afternoons, weekends and how women would you confortably see on a shift? And how many other LC are available on each day?

The hospital I work at has 28 postnatal beds, and  will have another 10 beds soon.

Thankyou

Sincerely

June Nicholls
RN. RM. IBCLC