From:
Georganne Hampton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 08:34:31 -0500
Here is a list of places you can get post partum pamplets and info.  Thanks to every one who sent me their resouces!
Take care,
Georganne

http://www.icea.org/B&pennyp.htm
Gruen, Dawn
* The New Parent: A Spectrum of Postpartum Adjustment
1988, 1.00p
ICPP12
Describes the emotions associated with normal transition to parenthood,
postpartum depression and postpartum psychosis. It informs and reassures new
parents and describes the more serious postpartum adjustment syndromes and
what kind of help is beneficial.

I haven't reviewed it personally. You might try ICEA's Bookmark catalog. You
can view it online or order a print copy.

Janis

I recently found a terrific PPD handout. It is the form of a contract that
the Mom signs with her partner so that both folks are clued into the risk
factors and symptoms of  "baby blues", PPD and PP Psychosis. Find it here:

http://192.41.47.224/ppdpromise.pdf

Best Wishes,
Christine, CD (DONA), ICCE

I have the 2002 print catalogue for Childbirth Graphics and on page 37 there's an item called "Postpartum Depression Tear Pad" which says it defines PPD, lists symptoms, dispels myths and addresses treatment options. English on one side, Spanish on the other. 8-1/2 x 11, 100 sheets per pad. $14.95 per pad, or $14.45 per pad for 5 or more. Item number is PE52540.

Hope this helps,
Sandy Meadow
Singapore

Depression After Delivery offers some free ones.  Let me take a look at them and I will email you the info.
Ann
You can get free Postpartum Depression brochures from Depression after
Delivery, Inc.  Just call this number 1-800-944-4PPD and leave your name,
address, and the number you would like to receive. Michelle Delp, RN, ICCE, CD Doula Duds Labor and Postpartum Doula Shirts "My doula loves me" baby Ts http://douladuds.mycricks.com/
A group called DAD depression after Delivery, Inc has good ones.  The web site is www.depressionafterdelivery.com   Virginia
I have a good one from LLL . ."Tips for Handling the Baby Blues"  No 986-27
You can order them from www.lalecheleague.org
T T T
TrSusanrT
CD (DONA), PC(LLLI)
Hi,
I believe if you go to www.depressionafterdelivery.com they have some
available through their website also.
Monique
Something I use in my class is a postpartum contract developed by
epregnancy.com.  The url is:  http://192.41.47.224/ppdpromise.pdf.  I
really like this because, by signing it ahead of time, it makes moms
and dads to be think about postpartum issues before they get there.

Laura Mundt, ICCE
Portland, OR
Contact Sheryl Cozad at [log in to unmask]  She heads up Postpartum Support
Internaional on the local basis.  This is a mother-to-mother warmline (phone
support.) She lives in Norman. Also,  the website for PSI is
www.postpartum.net.

Sheryl invited me to be on a panel this morning for a National Alliance for
Mental Illness conference here in the City.  The panel addressed postpartum
disorders.  Timely since the Andrea Yates trial.  Sheryl believes in the
doula role as helping to ward off postpartum disorders.  I spread the doula
word to more people!

OttieB