From:
Carla D'Anna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 08:44:31 -0500

> netters. i apoligize for the canning breastmilk. I do realize the problem is
> lipae and that there is a difference in pasturization and canning.

Hey a novel idea that might have application in some situations doesn't
call for an apology.  Just suppose fuel for heat was available but a
freezer wasn't.  It could happen.  Personally, I thought it was an
interesting idea.  Even if all immunological properties are lost at
least the milk still would have the correct fats/proteins for the
species.

Now, the web site I ran across making mother's milk soap, THAT seemed to
me to be silly.  You could get donated milk soap or send your own milk
in and have it processed into your own special soap.  Then there was the
science fiction story where the protagonist made cheese from her milk.
--
Carla D'Anna, RN, IBCLC hospital based LC
from Maryland, just north of Washington, DC