From:
Beth Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 15:35:35 -0400
On Mon, 2002-04-08 at 21:34, Naomi Bar-Yam wrote:
> >* Total number of "concealed" subscribers: 50
> >* Total number of local host users on the list: 0 (non-"concealed" only)*
>
> cool! What's a "concealed user?" and what's a "host user?"

Concealed users are subscribed but don't wish their information to be
available when a regular user accesses the user information.

The key part you left out of your next question, it's local host user
(I'm assuming).  Localhost in the wonderful world of Unix is that
computer itself, in other words the machine that takes our mail and
sends it out.  Local host users would be users that have accounts on
that machine who are subscribed to Lactnet.

H(ope)TH,
Beth
--
Beth Johnson
Springfield, MA USA

This message was created and sent completely independent of Microsoft
products.
No electrons were harmed in the making of this message.