From:
Ruth Maas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 17:31:53 -0400
On behalf of Baby-Friendly USA and the US Baby-Friendly hospitals and birth
centers, I want to thank all of those lactation advocacy and support
community members who have expressed their concern regarding the recent
Chicago Hope episode and the mistaken impressions of the BFHI it created.

Today we have finalized and circulated a press release in response to this
event.  This document has been posted on our website at the address below.
If you would like a paper or fax versions sent to local media contacts,
please fax or email contact information to us. Strategic planning for
direct response to CBS & Chicago Hope is underway.

We salute your efforts to respond to this unfortunate blow to that toward
which we all strive:  the creation of an optimal environment of support for
those families who choose breastfeeding.

Regards,

Cindy Turner-Maffei, MA, IBCLC, Coordinator
Baby-Friendly USA, 8 Jan Sebastian Way, #11, Sandwich, MA  02563 USA
fax (508) 888-8050   email [log in to unmask]
website http://www.aboutus.com/a100/bfusa/