Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 15:39:49 EST
I thought this case was interesting esp. in light of all the recent posts
re:colic vs. typical infant behavior. A mom with healthy six week old who is
breastfeeding beautifully and gaining well called ped because baby was fussing
often whenever she put her down. On grandmothers advice she gave her a bottle
of ABM and baby fell right asleep. Ped. said "I just read an article that
describes some women's BM as being deficient in zinc, you may be one of them.
Pump and Dump for 24 hours and just feed ABM and see if baby is better." Does
anyone know of this article to which Ped is refering? Luckily this mom called
the OB who told her not to stop breastfeeding , but to nurse more and use a
sling.
TIA Maria Winschel, LLLL,IBCLC
Naples, FL