Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2008 17:58:25 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Dear all,

What an amazing number of amazing posts we have seen, indeed, these last few days on the same topic!
With regard to this, I have a question: I would like to make this issue something to think about in a broader context in the Netherlands.
Would you allow me to write an article about it for the most read bf site in the Netherlands...?
I would like to make a kind of summary of many opinions that came by, without mentioning names, without coming to a definite conclusion, so as to see what people think and to find out whether it would be worth exploring the subject into more detail, completed with literature references and all. I think that it is very much a societal thing and it is to a great extent what I've been concentrating on the last time: the needs and 'rights' of the baby, his expectations from an anthropological/biological point of view and the way we as adults, as a society, deal with those needs, how we are addressed by them and how many people may be inclined to deny them, because they don't fit the 24/7 economy of wanting instant satisfaction of personal (adult) needs.
I could write it in English first or translate to get your approval, if you like. Please let me know, on or off list.
Can't possibly tell, how reading Lactnet since November 2007 has broadened my horizon... thanks to all!
And compliments and sympathy to Jacqui, too, for reminding us that every story is a personal one, that not a single policy, how good it may be, can cover everyone's needs and how important it is to not give up too easily. That applies to many areas in life, but motherhood and breastfeeding being such important transitional stages certainly deserve commitment from the heart.

Warmly,

Marianne Vanderveen, Netherlands

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2