Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 17:34:53 EDT
Debbie asks,

> Right now, I looking for any research that may have compared babies who
> were bottled fed expressed breastmilk vs babies who were formula fed.
> Have you heard of any?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Alan Lucas' study of preterm babies fed human
milk vs formula, weren't all the babies fed by NG tube so as to eliminate the
bias of breast vs bottle feeding?  And they still turned out to have higher
IQs at 7 to 8 years.

So that wasn't the difference between one caregiver and many -- it was the
difference between no caregiver and no caregiver -- at least as far as
feeding went.

Jan Barger, RN, MA, IBCLC -- Wheaton IL
Lactation Education Consultants
www.lactationeducationconsultants.com