From:
"P. A. Bucknell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 00:19:01 -0500
I sorta' go with the flow like Jaye.  But I'm always on the lookout for
articles in the newspaper or magazines about BF or babies or whatever
that might spark a discussion.  Many moms are returning to work at some
period, so we discuss that--especially great if a mom comes back to visit
the group after returning to work and talks about what works for her.  I
also have a couple handouts from LLL (articles from New Beginnings,
available from the website) about when to start solids and how to do it
using table foods.  That's always a great discussion, especially if
someone has just gotten the "food list" from her pediatrician with rice
cereal at the top of the list!

I have the moms sign in each week and ask for their e-mail address.  I've
made a "mailing list" and send them articles that are mentioned here or
others that I've heard about.  When there are used clothing sales by
local pre-school PTAs or other groups, I send the info on to the moms.

I get photos and/or e-mail notes back from moms I haven't seen for a
while.  I love doing this!

Warmly,
Pat Bucknell IBCLC
in COLD Avon Lake OH