ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Harry White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 2009 17:18:16 +0100

There's a great page on the Exploratorium website of different variations of blowers <http://www.exploratorium.edu/books/bernoulli/><http://www.exploratorium.edu/books/bernoulli/>. It shows the first version of our blower being used by my daughter many years ago.

We use a 150W 4-pole squirrel cage blower, the CFM is throttled right back by the inlet filter and then the speed is increased with minimal noise using a ring to collimate the flow. We have a pair of guards on the inlet to stop foreign objects like pencils or worse coins.

--
Harry White, Science Centre Consultant
Techniquest, Stuart Street, Cardiff, UK. CF10 5BW

Techniquest is a Company Limited by Guarantee,
registered in England and Wales, no. 1955696
It is a registered charity, no. 517722