ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Deborah Massey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:45:33 -0500

Hi,
This is the 1st time I've posted so I hope I follow etiquette. I'm new to
my position as Head of School and Teacher Programs at the Rochester Museum
& Science Center.
Our docents supplement field-trip tours with hands-on objects that they
place remove from boxes and put out on the floor at the appropriate places
in the exhibit just before the tour begins and put back after the tour.
The problem is that some of these objects are 'walking away' when the
docents are around a corner (in spite of the signs that say, "For docent
tours, please do not touch."). Does anyone have some ideas about how to
get around this? One idea is to remove them from their boxes when using
them and putting them directly back but our boxes do not lock and are hard
to carry. I am thinking that perhaps we should use rolling carts with
drawers or cupboards that can lock. Does anyone know of where to get these
at a reasonable price? Thanks. Deborah

Deborah Massey
Head of School and Teacher Programs
Rochester Museum & Science Center