ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 2013 15:45:22 -0500

yes, it appears that there is a way to participate just by email.  I dropped over to the site, dug up my username and address, and logged in.  A few keystrokes and I *think* I signed up for regular html email delivery in real time.  Its not live yet, but the "beta forum" has 8200 users, so I assume that is the one we will be moving into.  On the same page are 10-15 special interest forums that seem like they could be interesting.  I am a pretty heavy user of this listserv, and it would be easy to get grumpy about the transition, but it looks pretty easy to get up and running.

I really like listservs (more than blogs, twitter, etc) because they are intrinsically democratic and participatory.  I have participated in many listservs over the years.  Google Groups, Yahoo Groups, and various systems that create threaded forums online along with email delivery options have pretty much put listservs out of business.  It doesn't have to represent a major change in how one participates.

eric siegel

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This message is intended solely for the addressee(s) in the first instance
and may contain confidential information.  Please do not forward this email
without the consent of the sender.