ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mike Levad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 19 May 2005 08:40:05 -0400

Rae,

We actually contracted They Might Be Giants to write a song for our new
heart exhibit.  It was the only way that we could think of to teach
people about everything that your blood does for you.  We sent a list of
content items to them and in a few days they sent back an MP3 demo
recording of the song.  I will say that gettiing to play record producer
for a little while was pretty darn fun.  We then took the song and gave
it to our AV contractor and they made it into a School House Rock style
cartoon.  Here is a link to the song on our web page.

http://www.fi.edu/giantheart/bloodmobile.html

The Giants released the song on their web page and a teenager made his
own version of the video before our video was even on-line.  They are
both very interesting but very different interpretations of the same
material.  Here is the other link.

http://www.dave-logan.com/animation/bloodmobile/bloodmobile.swf

By the way The Giants were not cheap but we thought that the name
recognition would help with some PR and that we knew that they would be
able to make a great song.  A fair warning before you click on any of
the links.  The song is a bit of a mind worm and will not go away once
it is in your head.

Mike

--
Mike Levad