ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carolyn B Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2013 14:21:43 -0400
Case Study Teaching in Science.

Our conference offers sessions for both the beginner and advanced case study
teacher along with a one-day track for high school teachers.  In addition to
our distinguished group of session teachers, we have brought in a noted
scholar to address the general conference, Dr. Teresa Balser, Dean and
Professor, IFAS College of Agricultural and Life Sciences, University of
Florida, who will present on "Teaching as if Learning Mattered."  Workshop
sessions this year will cover assessing students' case work, incorporating
issues of social responsibility into cases, teaching with cases in a
"flipped" classroom, using multimedia with cases, and much more!  See below
for a full listing of the conference sessions and other information.

HIGH SCHOOL TEACHERS - Our "mini" track is made up of three sessions on
Saturday, specifically designed for high school science teachers (though
others, we think, will find it of interest too!).

Our conference is led by Dr. Clyde (Kipp) Herreid, SUNY Distinguished
Teaching Professor and Director of the National Center for Case Study
Teaching in Science.  The conference is open to anyone interested in science
education, including high school teachers and international teachers. It
also includes a poster session and we would be pleased if you submitted a
proposal by September 5, 2013.

Register now for this rewarding two-day Case Study Teaching in Science
Conference, which takes place on September 20th  and 21st.

Please pass this announcement along to colleagues of yours who may not be on
our listserv.

Regards,

Carolyn Wright

Administrator, National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science

University at Buffalo, State University of New York

14th ANNUAL CONFERENCE ON CASE STUDY TEACHING IN SCIENCE

Presented by the National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science

University at Buffalo