ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 2009 16:57:27 -0500

Thanks to the great work of Gretchen Jennings, Editor and a group of
volunteers, the new Exhibitionist is out.

Before I share the info I will point out: The Only Way to Get the
Current Exhibitionist is by Joining the National Association for
Museum Exhibition (NAME)--see below.

The new issue kills, I am really impressed by the degree to which the
issue of visitor generated content (about which I am a curious
skeptic) is informed by real practice, narrated by active practitioners.

Fall 2009: Visitor-Generated Content and Design

Letter from the President, Eric Siegel
Letter from the Editor, Gretchen Jennings
Exhibits Newsline, by Beth Redmond-Jones
Museum Authority Up for Grabs-The Latest thing or Following a Long
Thread Line, by Daniel Spock
Design for Participation, by Nina Simon
Exploring Social Media for Front end Evaluation, by Bliss Jensen and
Lynda Kelly
The Power of the Pencil-Renegotiating the Museum Visitor
Relationship..., by Ben Gammon and Xerxes Mazda
The Public Is a Team Member, by Wayne LaBar
Forces of Change-The Peoples Exhibit, by Kathleen McLean and Adam Nilsen
In Your Face-The Peoples Portrait Project, by Gillian McIntyre
Immigrant Teens Tell Their Story, by Douglas Simpson
The Click Experience-A Participants Point of View, by Amy Dreher
The Creativity and Collaboration C2 retreat- Participants
Perspectives, by Baum, Lane, Matcuk, Rodley, and Mortati
Nuts and Bolts-Soliciting Content from Third Parties- The View From a
Lawyer, by Bruce A. Falk
Exhibition Studies-Issues and Ideas- Forty Students One Semester- An
Exhibition Challenge, by Steven Lubar
Exhibition Critiques-MN150, by Barrett, Pryor, and Vergeront
Blog Review-Social Media on Social Media, by Maggie Dennis (728k)

Again, you have to join NAME to get the current issue.  BUT...you can
get the back issues from.

http://name-aam.org/resources/exhibitionist/back-issues-and-online-archive

This issue won't be available online until next year...so.

You can get info about joning NAME here  http://www.aam-us.org/getinvolved/comm/spcs.cfm

Eric Siegel
esiegel at nyscience dot org
projects web site at http://www.etsiegel.net