ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lath Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2006 10:55:40 -0400

Rea, for this type of installation we used to always burn the media to
DVD and play it back on an industrial DVD player such as a Pioneer
DVD-7400 or the newer/cheaper DVD-5000. Both have a simple repeat
selection, I do recommend burning as many copies of the segment to the
DVD back to back as possible. That way the disc is only restarting every
couple hours instead of every 6 minutes. This is easier on the player
and also minimizes the slight delay that occurs when the disc restarts.
Lately we have been using solid state MPEG playback engines instead. The
advantage to these is that they have no moving parts. They are basically
stripped down Linux machines which play MPEG video files from a compact
flash card or internal flash memory. Some more common ones include the
Sony NSP-1 and EBS-N200D or the Alcorn McBride 7400. Feel free to
contact me off line for any additional information.

Lath Carlson

Manager of Interactive Technology
Art Guild Inc.
300 Wolf Drive