ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Shelley Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:03:10 -0800

Marcia,

We have a successful birthday party program in place here at the Birch Aquarium at Scripps (Institution of Oceanography). I'd be willing to participate in your session-- given that I get funding to attend next year! I could put together a fun i-movie. Feel free to e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,

Shelley Glenn
Public Program Coordinator-Education Dept., BAS

>ISEN-ASTC-L is a service of the Association of Science-Technology Centers
>Incorporated, a worldwide network of science museums and related institutions.
>
>I'm interested in submitting a proposal  for San Jose on The Science of
>Birthday Parties:  Revenue stream or labor intensive bother?
>
>I'm a fan of Birthday parties and do see them as a revenue stream....so
>that's my bias...although I know others have different perspectives.  I'd
>like to put together some examples of "best practices" and "pitfalls to
>avoid".  A breezy presentation with photos or videos of what organizations
>do, perhaps some hands on activities lists, resources, etc.
>

>I really hate talking head panel presentations so am looking for presenters
>that would like to make this a fun and somewhat interactive experience!
>Please email me back if you are interested. And you may do so off line to
>

>Marcia Hale
>
>Events, Public Programming, Marketing
>
>The Discovery Center of Idaho
>
>131 Myrtle Street
>
>Boise, ID  83702
>
>208-343-9895

>More information about the Informal Science Education Network and the
>Association of Science-Technology Centers may be found at http://www.astc.org.
>To remove your e-mail address from the ISEN-ASTC-L list, send the
>message  SIGNOFF ISEN-ASTC-L in the BODY of a message to

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
        ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Shelley Glenn Lee
Public Programs Coordinator
Education Department
Birch Aquarium at Scripps
Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UCSD
9500 Gilman Drive,  Dept. 0207
La Jolla, CA 92093-0207

Phone (858) 822-3147
FAX      (858) 534-5610