ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:06:14 -0500

MOSI in Tampa has a library built right into the museum.

A couple of other projects of note:

The Pacific Science Center developed an outreach program involving
books and exhibits presented in libraries, supported by IMLS, Dennis
Schatz, the PI, I believe.

OMSI in Portland has developed an extensive outreach program --
exhibits in museums, supported by teacher training conducted via
distance learning.

The Space Science Institute is developing small exhibits that will
circulate among libraries.

Years ago, I was NSF programs for a project developed by OMSI -- a
series of small exhibits that were designed to tour libraries.

So sometimes, the library comes to the museum, sometimes the museum
goes to the library.

Bob Russell
Celebra la Ciencia & ConCiencia News
[log in to unmask]; 202-997-5539