ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Visitor Studies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:57:33 -0600

Apologies for cross-postings

The 23nd Annual Visitor Studies Association Conference
Building Shared Agendas: Conversations on the Value of Visitor Studies

July 29-31, 2010 in Phoenix, Arizona

The conference, which will be held in Phoenix, Arizona, from July 29 -
31, will continue to explore how museums and other informal learning
environments demonstrate, measure, and define the ways in which our
institutions make a difference in the lives of visitors and
communities. At the 2010 VSA Conference, conversations will build on
and extend the theme of public value from the 2009 Conference. We will
begin the process of crafting shared research and evaluation agendas
about what we know and still need to know in the field. The Program
Committee will give special consideration to session proposals that
highlight the public value of research and evaluation for improving or
changing practice, and how results of visitor studies can be
informative to professionals working within and outside of museums. We
also will consider proposals outside of this theme, and that explore
other topics of interest to research and evaluation in informal
learning environments.

Sessions, papers, posters, discussions, and roundtables will be
presented on Thursday, Friday and Saturday (July 29, 30 and 31).
Deadline for submission is Friday, December 18, 2009. Please visit http://www.visitorstudies.org/index.php?page=conference
  for proposal information.