ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Audra Baleisis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:40:45 -0700

I'm working on a proposal for updating 50 yr. old transparency/lightbox
displays at my department and would like to put up displays that are
easily changeable from month-to-month with new images and text. I'm
planning to use lightboxes for the transparencies of astronomy images,
but I wanted to know if there are any modular components to hold text
that could be easily switched as the images are changed.

The idea so far is to mount new lightboxes in existing spaces (9 ft x 4ft)
framed (4" deep) areas. I'd like to be able to put some sort of matte
around the lightboxes so they don't stick out so much. I'm hoping there
might be some sort of movable text holders that could be stuck/screwed/placed
in various positions on the matte.

Does anyone know of any existing systems or materials that could do this?
I'd appreciate input on both the text "holders" and material for the
matte.

Thanks,

Audra Baleisis
Steward Observatory