ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Joanna Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 2009 10:05:20 -0700

We were once able to conduct some focus groups away from the museum and in
such a way that the group wasn't quite sure until the end which local
cultural organization we were. We worked with a market research company that
had their own rooms for this, including one-way windows so we could watch.
We were able to get some really candid responses and interesting comparisons
with other type of experiences in the community. They didn't know who they
"should" try to make happy, so they were more likely to actually tell us
what they thought.

Joanna Fisher