ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
martin weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 2008 09:33:24 -0400

	This continuing study of this important transitional form is
illustrative of the power of the predictive nature of science and an
aspect of evolution that is not often appreciated: how the process of
evolution re uses parts for new purposes. That is not to say there is
intentionality involved for we know nothing, or very little, about
many, many life forms that were not successful in the evolution of
aquatic forms to land forms ie were not able to survive to reproduce
and pass their genes to their offspring.

The products of evolution, birds, fish, land animals, us, —all forms
of life on Earth—are the product of inconceivably long evolutionary
tinkering.

Martin